Mission, Ethos and Vision Statement
Morley Victoria will provide for all staff and pupils the OPPORTUNITY and ENCOURAGEMENT to be able to ENJOY school and be SUCCESSFUL.
- The school will be an educationally inclusive school. One in which the learning, achievements, attitudes and well being of all members of the school community matters. Inclusion will characterise how the school operates as well as what it aims to achieve.
- The school will provide a challenging, broad, exciting and extended curriculum which will actively encourage, motivate and develop the talents of everyone in school.
- The school will actively promote pupil participation and adopt the principles of the Investors in Pupils framework in every year group. Pupils will be given opportunity to take responsibility and be encouraged to make a positive contribution to their learning, school, and society.
- The school is committed to being a healthy and safe school. Everyone recognises that investing in emotional and physical health and providing a safe, secure environment enhances the performance and achievements of all pupils and staff.
- A culture of continuous learning for all based on teamwork will be at the heart of all the schools activities. Leadership and decision making will be distributed throughout school.
- The school will have a distinctive and shared ethos of achievement where relationships between staff, pupils, parents, governors and the community are not only strengthened but nurtured. The school will be the hub of the local community.
- The school will ensure that all learning takes place within a vibrant, stimulating and quality environment which is enhanced through the provision of up to date resources.
MORLEY VICTORIA WILL BE A CAN DO SCHOOL FOR ALL.
Morley Victoria is a ‘can do’ school for all where every child matters. Our school ethos over the last 10 years has been shaped by the introduction of Investors in Pupils. This sits at the heart of the school and the curriculum we deliver. We firmly believe that every child is unique and therefore brings different experiences, skills and ideas into the classroom. This in turn influences how they and others learn. We would like all children to achieve very well in all areas of school life.
Morley Victoria is a ‘can do’ school for all.
Opportunity + Encouragement + Enjoyment + Effort = SUCCESS
When looking to the future, our vision is to ensure that Morley Victoria continues to be recognised as having a caring, nurturing environment and as one of the best performing schools in the country. For our children the outcomes both academically and as a well-rounded citizen are equally important. We do this by promoting lifelong learning and we encourage everyone to have a love of learning. We strive for this by consistently delivering outstanding levels of attainment and achievement in all areas of the curriculum. We also provide pupils and staff with the confidence, knowledge and experience to be successful. We also work collaboratively and communicate effectively. We aim to provide young people with the experiences they need to develop into confident individuals and responsible citizens who are equipped with the skills to meet the demands of 21st century life.
Our Core Values
Trust and Fairness
Commitment and Hard Work
Empathy towards others and a care for the wider community
Excellence and Enjoyment