Mission, Ethos and Vision Statement
Morley Victoria will provide for all staff and pupils the OPPORTUNITY and ENCOURAGEMENT to be able to ENJOY school and be SUCCESSFUL.
- The school will be an educationally inclusive school. One in which the learning, achievements, attitudes and well being of all members of the school community matters. Inclusion will characterise how the school operates as well as what it aims to achieve.
- The school will provide a challenging, broad, exciting and extended curriculum which will actively encourage, motivate and develop the talents of everyone in school.
- The school will actively promote pupil participation and adopt the principles of the Investors in Pupils framework and Growth Mindsets in every year group. Pupil voice at Morley Victoria is crucial and all pupils will be given opportunity to take responsibility and be encouraged to make a positive contribution to their learning, school, and society.
- The school is committed to being a healthy and safe school. Everyone recognises that investing in emotional, mental and physical health and providing a safe, secure environment enhances the performance and achievements of all pupils and staff.
- Through PSHE the school will support children in gaining the knowledge and skills required to keep themselves safe, healthy and happy, and thrive in their future
- A culture of continuous life-long learning for all, based on teamwork, will be at the heart of all the school's activities. Leadership and decision making will be distributed throughout school.
- The school will have a distinctive and shared ethos of achievement where relationships between staff, pupils, parents, governors and the community are not only strengthened but nurtured. The school will be the hub of the local community.
- The school will ensure that all learning takes place within a vibrant, stimulating and quality environment which is enhanced through the provision of up to date resources.
MORLEY VICTORIA IS A CAN DO SCHOOL FOR ALL.
Morley Victoria is a ‘can do’ school for all where every child matters. Our school ethos over the last 20 years has been shaped by Investors in Pupils, an accreditation we first achieved in 2002. This sits at the heart of the school and the curriculum we deliver. We firmly believe that every child is unique and therefore brings different experiences, skills and ideas into the classroom. This in turn influences how they and others around them learn. We would like all children to achieve their very best in all areas of school life.
Morley Victoria is a ‘can do’ school for all.
Opportunity + Encouragement + Enjoyment + Effort = SUCCESS
When looking to the future, our vision is to ensure that Morley Victoria continues to be recognised as having a caring, nurturing environment and as one of the best performing schools in the area. We have the drive and determination to be the best we possibly can be and all staff have outstanding aspirations on behalf of all pupils in their care. For our children the outcomes both academically and as a well-rounded citizen are equally important. We do this by promoting a positive growth mindset, lifelong learning and we encourage everyone to have a love of learning. We strive for this by consistently delivering very good levels of attainment and achievement in all areas of the curriculum.
Our curriculum is designed to broaden our children's horizons, widen their cultural capital and empower them to be curious about the world around them. We firmly believe that reading is the 'master skill'. Our systematic teaching of reading gives our children the confidence and life-long love of reading. A huge emphasis is placed on developing our children's physical and mental well being. We also provide pupils and staff with the confidence, knowledge and experience to be successful. We are an outward and forward facing school and work collaboratively and communicate effectively. We aim to provide young people with the experiences they need to develop into confident individuals and responsible citizens who are equipped with the skills to meet the ever changing demands of 21st century life in modern Britain and be ready for the next stage of their education.
Our Core Values
Trust and Fairness
Commitment and Hard Work
Empathy towards others and a care for the wider community
Excellence and Enjoyment